Stressing can be extremely harmful to a developing baby and to the mother to be. Stressing can cause early delivery and you can make yourself extremely sick. I know it’s easier said then done, but you have to find a way to stress less!
I am someone who likes to plan out everything! I have back up plans for days and I’m constantly thinking about the future…even as close as the next day. Crazy, I know! Since finding out I was pregnant, I wanted to make sure my baby didn’t suffer at my expense, due to me over thinking and analyzing everything. No matter what the day brings, I tell myself to not stress about it and to trust God.
I wanted to share some techniques I use to help keep me calm.
- Take deep breaths: Inhale and exhale about 4 times very slowly. This allows you to clear your mind and get rid of any bad energy.
- Play music: Make sure you play RELAXING music. Play something that will take your mind off of what’s stressing you out.
- Go for a walk: Walking helps to release bad toxins in your body and allows you to blow off some steam.
- Count down: Count down from 10 and by the time you reach 1, you should be calm.
- Read a book: Reading a good book helps to take your mind off whatever is causing you stress. It tricks your brain to focus on something other than your problems.
- Write it down: Writing down any of your concerns or frustrations is a way to elevate some of your worries. It’s like you’re putting it on paper and letting go of your problems. You’re releasing your worries and replacing it with positive thoughts.
- Leave negative people and things alone: If anything negative arises, rebuke it! You don’t have time nor the space for negative vibes.
These are just a few things I do to relax me. Let’s be honest, there is a growing baby inside of me and that alone can be stressful. However, figuring out ways to let go of my worries is my number one priority.
I hope this helps!
Let me know what you think!
Until next time XOXO
Like ❤️ Comment ❤️ Share