There is a bad stigma behind being single. When In fact, there is nothing wrong with being single. Although, I’m in a committed relationship and I’m very happy with my boyfriend; being single was a good time for me as well.
I’m going to give you a few things you can do to embrace being single and how to have a good time doing so.
Below are some ways to embrace your singleness!
- Date yourself: You don’t need a man to take you out on a date. Learn to date you. I go to the movies and out to eat all of the time by myself. It’s actual refreshing and I have learned to enjoy my own company.
- Set personal goals and crush them: Alrhough, you are never to become your relationship (when you’re in one), being single is the perfect time to focus on you. I had set career goals and focused on building my business. I put all of my energy into what I wanted to do and focused soley on my wants and needs, and not someone else’s.
- Learn to love you: Learning to love you is the best thing you can do for you. Take the time out to learn what makes you happy and what makes you mad. Learn what you like vs what you don’t like. Learn to know what you are looking for in a man vs what you don’t want in a man. Learn to be your very own cheerleader, because if you love who you are, then so will your future mate.
- Date: Date when you’re ready of course. But when you get to this stage, date to have a good time and not just so much to find the one. Mr. Right will come when you least expect it and dating around is a great way to understand yourself and your likes vs not likes.
- Develop a hobby: When you keep yourself busy with things that make you happy, you’ll have less time to think about being single. Learn a new skill or take up a new painting class. The more your day is filled with things, the less time you have to dwell on not having someone there.
These are just the top 5 things I believe are the first steps to embracing being single!
Remember, being single is a time where you can focus soley on what you want and learn to become the person you want to be. Also, this is the time to heal from the past hurts.
Never look at being single as a bad thing. Look at it as a way to discover you!
Let me know your thoughts!!!
Like. Comment. Share