Being an entrepreneur. Building a brand and a company is a lot of work. If someone told you going into business for yourself is easy…they lied. However, working for yourself is very rewarding. I believe working solely or partly for yourself is the greatest thing you can do.
I am not knocking anyone that does not want to build a brand or start a company from the ground up, because being an entrepreneur is not for everyone, and that is okay. This post is more so directed towards people who have or are wanting to start a business.
Although, I work for someone else fulltime, I also run my very own business fulltime. It is a challenge not being able to dedicate my full day to my business, but I manage. I am going to provide some tips on how to make sure you’re staying on track with building your business.
*P.S: Never put in more time building some else dream over your dreams. At the end of the day, that company gets their objective accomplished…make sure you do the same for your business.
- Create the time: You’ll never have the time to build and promote your business with this thing we call life. You have to create the time. If you dedicate 1-2 hours a day, that will be 7-14 hours you have put into your business by the end of the week. It may not seem like a lot, but those hours add up.
- Stop making excuses: This is something I am working on daily. I can come up with 10,000 reasons for why I am not writing a chapter for my new book or why I am not out here promoting and networking with other individuals. However, those same 10,000 excuses will not get me any closer to achieving my goals for my business. We have to stop making excuses for why we cannot do something and start coming up with reasons for why we can do the things needed for our business.
- Get organized: Being organized will help things to flow within your business and will cause less stress. I use a planner, I make notes within my phone, and post things around my home for me to remember what I have planned for the day or the week.
- You have to have patience: I am learning how to have patience everyday. I know you do not want to work for someone forever, but let working someone fuel you to keep going. Nothing and I mean nothing happens over night. Everything works in Gods timing and not our own. Relax and enjoy the journey.
- NEVER GIVE UP: This is the number one and last rule! No matter what life throws your way, never give up. Never settle or change your idea/dream to fit someone else’s plan. Life is going to happen, whether you are ready or not. The goal is to strap on your shoes and get through the storms, all while pushing yourself and your business. Trust me, you’ll be happy that you did not quit.
- Believe in your business/dream: There will be times where you will have people rooting for you and there will be times where you will have people wishing for your downfall. The goal is to get to the point where you do not need anyone to believe in your dream. When you reach that point, you will not care if you have people rooting for you, because you’ll be rooting for you.
- Know your why: Your “why” will be what will get you through the tough times. It’s best to identify what that would be in the beginning.
Those are my 7 tips on how to jump start having a successful business. Of course, there is a lot more that goes into operating a business, but these are some pretty good foundations to start with.
If you found these tips helpful let me know. If you have anything else to add let me know. Make sure to share and like the post!